Pay and Travel of Elizabeth Warren FOIA Request
Warning: Parameter 1 to Cite::clearState() expected to be a reference, value given in /nfs/c08/h05/mnt/126284/domains/wikicountability.org/html/w/includes/Hooks.php on line 195
December 2, 2010
U.S. Department of the Treasury
1500 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
Washington, DC 200220
Via fax to: 202.622.0930 Hard Copy Via U.SS. Mail
Re: Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Request
Dear Mr. Gilmore:
Pursuant to the federal Freedom of Information Act, 5 U.S.C. § 552 et seqq., I request on behalf of Americans for Limited Government (ALG) copies of the federal records described below. These records pertain to Professor Elizabeth Warren and her role with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (“CFPB”) set up by the Dodd--Frank act.
Please provide copies of records that exist in any off the following categories on Elizabeth Warren:
- All records relating to daily schedules including attendees at meetings held by and attended by Professor Warren;
- All records relating to travel performed by Professor Warren on behalf of the Department or the CFPB, including disbursements issued to her or on her behalf for such travel;
- All records relating to travel performed by personnel accompanying or providing advance work for Professor Warren on behalf of the Department or the CFPB, including disbursements issued to or on behalf of such personnel for this travel;
- All records on present and past position tittles and o occupational series;
- All records on present and past grades; and
- All records on present and past annual salary rates (including performance awards our bonuses, incentive awards, merit pay amounts, Meritorious or Distinguished Executive Ranks, and allowances and differentials).
Pursuant to 5 U.S.C. § 552(a)(6)(A), please advise my counsel, whose information is listed below, within 20 days whether you will comply with this request and provide the documents.
I work for Americans for Limited Government, but am not seeking this information for any commercial use. Disclosure of such information is in the public interest as it would likely contribute significantly to public understanding of the operations or activities of the government. I therefore request that any fees associated with this request be waived in accordance with 5 U.S.C. 552(a)(4)(A)(iii), or at least be limited in accordance with 5 U.S.C. § 552(a)(4)(A)(ii)(II). I would also request that if you deny the fee waiver, that I be notified in advance.
To the extent that you deny any part of this request, please cite specific exemptions to FOIA that you believe justifies your denial. In addition, for any documents withheld by the agency, please provide a description containing the information that would be required by Vaughn v. Rosen,, 484 F.2d 8820 (D.C. Cir. 1973), cert. denied, 415 U.S. 977 (1974). Please send the requested records to the following address:
Nathan Paul Mehrens
Counsel Americans for Limited Government
9900 Main Street
Fairfax, VA 22031
If you have any questions regarding these FOIA requests please contact Nathan Paul Mehrens at 703.3833.0880. Thank you in advance for your assistance.
William Wilson President