DOE Solyndra FOIA Request
September 12, 2011
BY CERTIFIED MAIL
RETURN RECEIPT REQUESTED
United States Department of Energy
1000 Independence Avenue, S.W.
Washington, D.C. 20585
Re: Freedom of Information Act Request
Dear FOIA Officer:
Pursuant to the Freedom of Information Act (“FOIA”), 5 U.S.C. § 552, et. seq., as amended, we respectfully request the following documents from files maintained by the United States Department of Energy (“DOE”):
- Any and all communications between any Presidential appointment with Senate confirmation (“PAS”) or any non-career member of the Senior Executive Service (“SES”) at DOE and any individual from Solyndra LLC (“Solyndra”) – whether electronic or written and whether distributed internally or externally – and including but not limited to correspondence regarding Solyndra board meetings;
- Any and all meeting notes, minutes, outlines, memoranda and any other documents – whether electronic or written and whether distributed internally or externally – prepared by or in the possession of any PAS or non-career SES at DOE that relate or refer to Solyndra board meetings;
- Any and all documents and communications – whether electronic or written and whether distributed internally or externally – that relate or refer to Solyndra board meetings;
- Any and all schedules or calendars maintained by any PAS or non-career SES at DOE that relate or refer to Solyndra; and
- Any and all meeting notes, schedules, communications and any other documents – whether electronic or written and whether distributed internally or externally – that relate or refer to meetings with George B. Kaiser, the chairman of BOK Financial Corporation.
As required by FOIA, please provide redacted copies of documents if the document contains some information which is subject to a FOIA exemption. If any documents are fully withheld based on a FOIA exemption, please explain the basis of such full withholding. Please provide the documents and records in whatever form they are available, whether electronic or otherwise. We will assume financial responsibility for all necessary charges incurred, including costs of the search and duplication of files. Please contact me in advance at (202) 559-6428 if the cost will exceed $300.
Your prompt attention to this matter is appreciated. Please contact me as soon as possible at (202) 559-6428 if you are unable to fully process and respond to this request within the twenty (20) day response period provided for by the FOIA or if you have any questions related to this request. Although we believe our response is very narrowly targeted so that a full response can be provided in the 20-day response period, if some but not all of the requested documents cannot be provided in the 20-day response period, please provide a partial response with those documents that are available. Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Steven J. Law